Does Life Get in Your Way
I’ve been talking with quite a lot of people recently about their journey to success and getting unstuck. And generally, they have been really useful conversations. Yesterday, I rung someone who wanted to speak to me and they didn’t answer, and I thought it strange as they’d been through a process to book an appointment with me – (by the way, you can do this as well by clicking here). And you know how you mind read in these situations:-
- Maybe they forgot it was dinner time
- Maybe the kids played up
- Maybe they had some doubts whether it was worth speaking to me – perhaps they were really stuck and got scared
- Or may be life just got in the way
I will probably never know but it made me think about how many opportunities we may miss because of “life” and it inspired this blog.
Watch the video below and then think about the examples below and the tool I give you to help you make the decisions
Some examples –
- Maybe you’ve been invited to a networking event or other event and you were just too tired and then wondered whether you should have gone
- Maybe someone said to you “why are you going to do that?”
- Maybe you got caught up in other people’s should’s and ought to’s and just gave up?
- Maybe you had to do the shopping or ironing?
Did you end up regretting your decision? Did you miss an opportunity?
Or maybe these thoughts came to your mind:-
- It doesn’t feel right
- Its not going to get me my goals
- It’s not relevant to me
I suggest you find a piece of paper and draw a line down it vertically half way across. On one side you write “What if I did?” and on the other side, write “What if I didn’t?” And fill the answers in. You’ll soon be thinking this for any decision that you take. And you won’t miss important opportunities by letting life get in your way.
Until next week, look out for those opportunities in life and If you’d like to talk to me about getting out of your own way book a free appointment.