One of the things that we have been discussing recently in my on-line Mastermind group called STRETCH is self-care. The reason that we have been discussing this is that if you want success in your business, your life, your relationships or your career, then putting yourself first and looking after yourself is very important.
Questions: Are you someone that looks after other people before yourself? Do you give reasons and excuses not to look after yourself – no time, too busy, other things come before you?
So Self-Care means different things to other people and we came together to decide what it may mean to other people and produced a wheel to do some self-analysis and make decisions about what may need to change. There is a link to the wheel below the video at the bottom of the blog, so watch the video and then score yourself on the wheel.
So here are the spokes of the wheel:
- Commitment – are you 100% committed to looking after yourself?
- Have you set goals for yourself in relation to self-care?
- Do you have useful habits that will help you do self-care?
- Do you have the knowledge about nutrition and fluid intake?
- Do you know what would work for you in terms of exercise?
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Are you taking time out?
- Do you have enough energy to live the life that you want?
Download your Self-Care wheel here
Think about what changes you can make to increase your scores on the wheel and improve your self care – it would be great to get some feedback on the wheel as well.
Let me know if you need any help with looking after yourself and putting yourself first. If you do that, then everyone around you benefits and so will you. Click here to book an appointment to talk to me about how you can look after yourself and matter!
Until next week,
Dr Bridget – wheeling you into looking after yourself!