How to be successful in networking.
This week’s prescription follows on from last week’s where we were discussing consciousness. If you bring consciousness into your networking then you will be successful.
In this week’s Prescription for Success, I share with you some top tips on how to get the best out of networking and be successful. Watch the video and try the tips for yourself.
The three Cs for Networking
One of the ideas that I use in networking is by using the “3 Cs ”
1. Having Clarity – This is the offering, who you are looking for and what you are going to say.
2. Connections – Being yourself, showing up as yourself and really wanting to get into rapport.
3. Consistency – Showing up at the networking event and then following up.
Being successful at networking events is really about habits. Here are some more tips:
- Stay visible by engaging and having 1:1s with people.
- Ensure that whoever refers to you are kept updated on what has happened.
- Ask for the business – people sometimes stop short at this point, they build up an amazing rapport and don’t follow through and ask for a sale.
- Be organised.
- Look out for others and give back.
While this is a more practical Prescription it’s also about being present while you are networking and having that best intention for other people and this will get you success in networking.
I’d like to network with any of you, it’s great to get to know people, so get in touch with me because there is always something good that can happen as the result of a chat.
ooking forward to chatting with you.
Dr Bridget – looking forward to chatting with you.
P.S. I’m running an NLP course in November from the 5-8th plus 26-29th – a great way to get to know yourself and increase your confidence in working with others. Here’s a link to the course information where you can also download a brochure for dates and prices.