Hello – I’m wondering if you are aware that most of behaviours are unconscious? Also our emotions are created by our unconscious mind- it’s difficult to be sad just by deciding to be.
Moving on from this we can accept that our unconscious behaviours will either get us the result that we want or one that we don’t want. So if we make our unconscious behaviours conscious, then we can start to notice patterns and change them consciously
Have a watch of the video and then reflect below:
Behaviours that are often an issue for people include:
And many more
In my book, Mindset for Business Success, one of the techniques I suggest as a time management tool will help to make our behaviours conscious.
- List everything (and I mean everything) that you do for a whole day.
- Go through the list when you have finished and think about your goal. Work out which are helpful and which aren’t helpful.
- Notice any patterns that are helpful or not helpful
- Raise your awareness until your unconscious behaviours are conscious
- Repeat weekly until you are consciously aware of what is happening
If you have anything going on in your behaviour that is not useful and you can’t resolve it, get in touch! It takes 63 days to resolve a minor habit or pattern consciously but if you work with your unconscious mind, it takes less than an hour. If the pattern is a deep emotional pattern, it is also easy to rewire that thinking, so get in touch. My 1:1 coaching and my NLP training are both very effective.
Until next week
Dr Bridget – helping you work with your unconscious mind