Making Sure You Get Your Goal
Last weeks video was all about how to make your goal really compelling and then putting it into your unconscious mind. Today is about how to get your goal. Here’s a link to last week’s blog if you missed it.
You now need to take appropriate and consistent action to get your goal, and that is not sitting there and waiting for it to happen. After all, if we want a pizza, we don’t sit there and visualize it and expect it to turn up. We ring the pizza restaurant and it arrives. I think I’m right in saying that?
Having said that, we need to keep that picture of our goal in our mind, consciously and unconsciously. One of my NLP course attendees has a manifestation wall where she puts all of the pictures of her goal. I think I’m going to do that. A vision board or a screensaver works just as well.
So have a look at the video and then take the action listed below it.
Here’s what to do in my view.
- Create that picture in your head by following the last video’s instructions.
- Tell 10 people that you are going to do this – on Social Media, friends, family, colleagues
- Make a plan – start with the end in mind. So I want to set up a Community Interest Company (CIC) in South Wales to help people who are stuck and have had trauma of some sort in their life. So working backwards, I’ll need clients, somewhere to see them, a structure to work from, planning to put a structure up, research into funding, setting up the CIC, research into how to set a CIC up and then to start with, getting some help to do that. I’ve now got the help which was the 1st thing and will be setting it up soon.
- Organise your time and tasks. I work in 90 day sections and also use the power of 3. 3 things I’ll be achieving in the next 90 days. 3 things I’ll be achieving in the next month. 3 things I’ll be achieving in the next week. 3 things I’ll be achieving in the next day. Even the next hour.
- Keep checking in with your goal – are you on track? or have you wandered off track?
- Make sure that you have got rid of any limiting beliefs that are getting in your way – ask me for help with these.
Basically it comes down to:
- Set your Goals
- Visualize your Goals
- Take consistent and focused actions
- Believe in yourself.
If you need help, just ask or send me a message here
Until next week
Dr Bridget – helping you to get your goals.