Hands up – Who has Wobbles?
I certainly have them and so do my clients.
In fact, I’d go as far as saying that probably everyone has them!
I’ve started going to the gym recently – a part of my self care – and I overdid the 1st machine and I got off and couldn’t walk – It was actually quite scary. I had this vision of me being carted off to hospital and I felt quite panicky. I think it was because one of my friends had been quite stressed and had retired and had then had a stroke 2 days later – I think I wondered whether the same thing had happened to me.
And in our life, our relationships, our work or our business, the same sort of feeling can happen and its very uncomfortable.
Listen to the 5 things that you can do when you are having a wobble in the video below:
1. Notice when you have a wobble so that you can start to understand why and to recognise the triggers and patterns that are appearing.
2. Understand your comfort zones – We all have them. The way that we have been brought up by our parents, teachers and other people who surround us give us that thermostat beyond which we can’t go. Or at least find it uncomfortable to go beyond. The way to overcome the thermostat is to expand our comfort zones so that we feel more comfortable with our thermostat. We are in control of it.
3. Find out and work with your values. For my business, mine are Determination, Self-care, Fun and Making a difference. I have wobbles when I’m not working with these values so I keep them in my conscious mind all the time. Click here to get a values exercise and find out what yours are.
4. Set some compelling goals. Not setting goals means that you are more likely to have wobbles because your U/C mind doesn’t know what you are doing and you can get anxious as a result.
5. Look at who surrounds you – are they mainly mood hoovers or definite suporters. If you are surrounded by people that drain your energy, you will lose confidence and definitely wobble. Find some true supporters who you can talk to about anything.
If you know where you want to go and what you want to do and your unconscious mind is throwing up all sorts of reasons for not taking the action – usually manifested as negative internal chatter and the feeling of wobbling, then take some action. If you are still stuck or uncomfortable, then get in touch so that we can sort this out together. Remember that you only have one life and I’d love to help you live it to the full!
Until next week,
Dr Bridget – unwobbling people across the world.